The annual FREE summer play scheme for children aged 5 to 11 gets under way in Bradley Stoke on Monday (27th July 2015) at Bradley Stoke Community School.
Running for the next four weeks (Monday to Friday, until 21st August), the play scheme is run by the Four Towns Play Association, which receives financial assistance from Bradley Stoke Town Council.
The aim of the play scheme is to ensure children have fun over the school summer holiday and also to provide a break for parents. It is designed to support children in the local area to play and learn, in the presence of others, in a safe and child-friendly environment.
Children attending the sessions take part in arts and crafts, sport and team games. There are also visits from sports coaches, dance teachers and library staff.
Sessions run from 10.30am to 12.30pm, closing for lunch and are back in operation from 1.30pm to 3.30pm. It is essential children are collected during the lunch period as the play scheme is not covered by insurance during that period.
There is no need to book, just turn up and complete a registration form. The scheme runs on a first come first served basis, so please arrive promptly to avoid disappointment.
Similar sessions are held at venues in Patchway, Filton and Stoke Gifford.
- Four Towns Play Association page on Facebook.
- Four Town Play Association questions and answers [PDF]
Last 5 posts in General News
- Easter family fun in Bradley Stoke - 1st April 2021
- Staging of 2021 Bradley Stoke Community Festival hangs in the balance - 25th March 2021
- The story behind the white paper birds in a tree on Brook Way - 20th March 2021
- Tipper trucks make hundreds of journeys through Bradley Stoke as housing site levelled - 9th February 2021
- "Disco effect" on-off street light issue could be caused by software fault - 13th January 2021