At Bradley Stoke Town Council’s Annual General Meeting held on Wednesday 11th May, Cllr Elaine Hardwick was elected to the position of mayor of Bradley Stoke.
The outgoing mayor, Cllr Roger Avenin, welcomed everyone to the meeting and explained that it was his pleasure, as his last action in the role of mayor of the town, to present cheques to the two recipients of the mayor’s charity.
A total of £7,275.30 had been raised over the past year, to be split between the Age UK South Gloucestershire Branch and RSPCA Bristol & District Branch, both receiving 50 percent of the total, amounting to £3,637.65 each. Representatives from both groups accepted the cheques.
Upon Cllr Hardwick’s election to the position of mayor, she thanked all councillors for her nomination and, after signing her declaration of acceptance of office, took the chair of the meeting. She thanked Cllr Avenin for his marvellous work as mayor during the past year. She then announced that her two mayor’s charities for 2016/17 will be Heartful Dodgers and Transplant Sport UK.
Cllr Hardwick has been a sitting councillor in Bradley Stoke since 2011 (currently representing the Woodlands parish ward).
Source: Press release from Bradley Stoke Town Council
Photo: Cllr Avenin presents a mayor’s charity cheque to Michelle Dent of Age UK South Gloucestershire.
Photo: Cllr Avenin presents a mayor’s charity cheque to Linda Harper, a trustee of the RSPCA’s Bristol & District Branch.
• An interview with the new mayor will appear in the June edition of the Bradley Stoke Journal magazine.
Last 5 posts in Bradley Stoke Town Council
- Meet the new mayor: Cllr Tony Griffiths - 2nd August 2020
- Light pollution issue leads council to restrict opening hours of new car park - 4th February 2020
- Work set to start soon on Brook Way car park - 6th October 2019
- Petty party politics return to town council at AGM - 25th June 2019
- Meet the new mayor: Councillor Tom Aditya - 16th June 2019