Bradley Stoke Community School (BSCS) has posted its best ever GCSE outcomes, marking a significant improvement in comparison with last year. Sixty-eight percent of students achieved 5A*-C including English and maths (54 percent last year). The new measure of ‘basics’ (English and maths A*-C combined) was achieved by 69 percent of students. English GCSE saw an impressive 82 percent of students achieving an A*-C grade and maths a best ever GCSE A*-C of 73 percent.
As ever, there were some amazing performances by individual students, with some of the highest achievers listed below with their outcomes.
Olympus Academy Trust CEO and executive headteacher, Dave Baker, said:
“These GCSE outcomes are the result of hard work by staff and students at Bradley Stoke Community School and they deserve full credit for them. It is a remarkable achievement that headteacher Steve Moir, in his first year in post, has overseen an increase in GCSE results of over 14 percentage points from last year. Steve and his senior leadership team have planned carefully for this success and it bodes well for future years!”
Bradley Stoke Community School headteacher Steve Moir said:
“We are delighted for the students in achieving these outstanding results. It is down to the combined commitment and hard work from all of our staff and students.”
The overall figures for schools in South Gloucestershire saw 57 percent of students achieving 5A*-C grades including English and maths, an improvement of four percentage points over 2015.
Outstanding individual achievements
- Mrudula Hirimagalur 11A*, 2A
- Cristina Lojo 9A*, 5A
- Abi Todd 5A*, 7A
- Joseph Chambers-Graham 4A*, 1 Distinction*, 6A, 2B
- Aaron Mitchell-Begley 5A*, 5A, 1B, 1C
- Natalie Rosser 5A*, 3A, 4B
- Megan Hiseman 3A*, 1 Distinction*, 7A, 1B, 1C
- Sophie Brain 4A*, 7A, 1B
- Thomas Smyth 4A*, 3A, 4B, 1C
- Emmanuelle Deliot 3A*, 8A, 1B
- Sadelle Onamade 3A*, 8A, 1B
Photo: Top-achieving GCSE students. L-r: Sophie Brain, Mrudula Hirimagalur, Cristina Lojo, Thomas Smyth, Sadelle Onamade, Rachel Bennett, Emmanuelle Deliot and Abi Todd.
This article originally appeared in the September 2016 edition of the Bradley Stoke Journal news magazine, delivered FREE, EVERY MONTH, to 9,500 homes in Bradley Stoke, Little Stoke and Stoke Lodge. Phone 01454 300 400 to enquire about advertising or leaflet insertion.
Addendum: Patchway Community College
At Patchway Community College, 58.5 percent of students attained A*-C in English and maths.
Bradley Stoke residents among the top achieving GCSE students include:
- Chloe Barr 2A*, 4A, 2B
- Phoebe Price 6A, 1B
Last 5 posts in Education
- Aardman Live at Bowsland Green Primary - March 19th, 2017
- Trust warns of looming funding crisis at BSCS - March 17th, 2017
- Local school seeks to build relationships with local employers - March 10th, 2017
- Emotional send-off for Wheatfield headteacher - January 3rd, 2017
- Bowsland Green praised by Ofsted inspectors - December 15th, 2016
Share this article: