Parents, youngsters and adult volunteers gathered at Brook Way Activity Centre on Wednesday 12th July for the AGM and open evening of the 1st Bradley Stoke Scout Group.
As well as the usual elements of the AGM, bringing together the Scout Council to agree the annual reports and nominate members of the executive, the group also celebrated quite a few awards, as shown in the ’roll of honour’ below.
The Bronze, Silver and Gold Chief Scout Awards are the highest badges in Beavers, Cubs and Scouts respectively and represent work undertaken during the youngsters’ time in each section.
There was also an emotional award to Calum Morris, who received a personal award from the Chief Scout (Bear Grylls) after undergoing his fourth open heart surgery.
His dad, John Morris, also received an award, recognizing his commitment as a Cub leader whilst also looking after his family.
The evening was rounded off with a family BBQ giving parents and their children the opportunity to mix with those in the other sections, see what they do and meet the leaders and supporters of the group.
This article originally appeared in the September 2017 issue of the Bradley Stoke Journal news magazine (on pages 4 & 5). The magazine is delivered FREE, EVERY MONTH, to 9,500 homes in Bradley Stoke, Little Stoke and Stoke Lodge. Phone 01454 300 400 to enquire about advertising or leaflet insertion.
Last 5 posts in General News
- Easter family fun in Bradley Stoke - 1st April 2021
- Staging of 2021 Bradley Stoke Community Festival hangs in the balance - 25th March 2021
- The story behind the white paper birds in a tree on Brook Way - 20th March 2021
- Tipper trucks make hundreds of journeys through Bradley Stoke as housing site levelled - 9th February 2021
- "Disco effect" on-off street light issue could be caused by software fault - 13th January 2021