Parents, youngsters and adult volunteers gathered at Brook Way Activity Centre on Wednesday 12th July for the AGM and open evening of the 1st Bradley Stoke Scout Group.
As well as the usual elements of the AGM, bringing together the Scout Council to agree the annual reports and nominate members of the executive, the group also celebrated quite a few awards, as shown in the ’roll of honour’ below.
The Bronze, Silver and Gold Chief Scout Awards are the highest badges in Beavers, Cubs and Scouts respectively and represent work undertaken during the youngsters’ time in each section.
There was also an emotional award to Calum Morris, who received a personal award from the Chief Scout (Bear Grylls) after undergoing his fourth open heart surgery.
His dad, John Morris, also received an award, recognizing his commitment as a Cub leader whilst also looking after his family.
The evening was rounded off with a family BBQ giving parents and their children the opportunity to mix with those in the other sections, see what they do and meet the leaders and supporters of the group.
This article originally appeared in the September 2017 issue of the Bradley Stoke Journal news magazine (on pages 4 & 5). The magazine is delivered FREE, EVERY MONTH, to 9,500 homes in Bradley Stoke, Little Stoke and Stoke Lodge. Phone 01454 300 400 to enquire about advertising or leaflet insertion.
Last 5 posts in General News
- ‘Autumn in the Stokes’ photo competition launched - 17th October 2020
- The scarecrows are coming to town! - 14th October 2020
- Woodland paths set for improvement - 8th October 2020
- Bradley Stoke in Bloom 2020 Best Front Garden competition: The winners - 14th September 2020
- Residents and businesses invited to enter mayor’s half-term charity scarecrow trail - 12th September 2020