Bradley Stoke 10k Run
The Bradley Stoke 10k Race is held annually in June as part of the Bradley Stoke Community Festival. The race is organised by Sole Sisters, the only all women UK Athletics affiliated running group based in North Bristol.
The race is described as “multi-terrain”, being partly on tracks through the Three Brooks Local Nature Reserve but also on tarmac footpaths (e.g. behind Juniper Way and along Bradley Stoke Way). The course has a slight amount of climb as it crosses or follows the Three Brooks stream network. Winning times were 33:36 (men) and 41:17 (women) in 2009.
The next Bradley Stoke 10k Race will take place on Sunday 9th June 2013.
More information and entry details here on the Sole Sisters website.
More local races in 2013
- Sunday 14th April: Frenchay 10k
- Sunday 5th May: Bristol 10k
- Sunday 12th May: Almondsbury School Fun Run
- Monday 13th May: Berkeley 10k
- Wednesday 15th May: Easy Runner 5k (Bitton)
- Monday 20th May: Hogweed Trot
- Sunday 16th June: Oldbury Fun Run
- Saturday 6th July : Bristol Race for Life 10k
- Sunday 7th July : Bristol Race for Life 5k
- Sunday 15th September: Bristol Half Marathon
NEW: A FREE timed 5k ‘Parkrun’ is held at 9am every Saturday in Little Stoke Park. Read more on the Official Little Stoke Parkrun webpage.
Bradley Stoke 10k 2012 Race Result
- Matt Hooper 34:37
- James Shorney 35:55
- Peter Morton 35:56
- Jenny Jagger 37:42
- Elizabeth Smith 39:30
- Helen Newberry 41:44
More: Full results (DB Max)
2012 Race Photos
- Overview (59 pictures)
- Runners cross the start line (91 pictures)
- Runners on Bradley Stoke Way (45 pictures by Owen G. Richards)
- Runners at Manor Farm Roundabout (69 pictures by Ryan Smith)
- Runners approach the finish line (413 pictures; includes most sub-70 minute finishers)
A big thank you to Owen and Ryan for helping with the photos.
Bradley Stoke 10k 2011 Race Result
- Peter Morton 35:26
- Nick Taviner 37:09
- Michael O’Donnell 37:17
- Jessie Sanzo 39:53
- Elizabeth Smith 40:00
- Kelly Cripps 46:21
Official 2011 Race Results (Journal Archive)
Race report: Rain fails to dampen spirits of 10k runners
More photos (from Sole Sisters RC)
Let us know what you thought about the race by leaving a comment on the above article.
Useful links from The Journal’s Town Guide
Bradley Stoke 10k 2010 Race Result
- Will New 35:26
- Phil Lucker 35:58
- Ben Andrews 36:33
- Rozanne de Villiers 48:09
- Jo Hawkins 48:29
- Vicky Bressington 48:57
Official 2010 Race Results (Journal Archive)
Race Report: Biggest ever Bradley Stoke 10k a resounding success
2010 Race Photos
The interactive map below shows the route of the annual Bradley Stoke 10K Race, organised by Sole Sisters Running Club, North Bristol.
The start (at the Jubilee Centre) is shown by the blue marker, the finish (also at the Jubilee Centre) by the green marker. The yellow markers show recommended viewing points around the circuit together with expected times of arrival of the lead runners at each point (click on any marker to see this information).
The first lap of the race is shown in blue, the second lap in red.
View Bradley Stoke 10K Race Route in a larger map
For best effect, we recommend using the Larger Map.
2010 Race Report and Photos (Bradley Stoke Journal)
2010 Race Results [MS Excel] (Sole Sisters)
2009 Race Report and Photos (Bradley Stoke Journal)
2009 Race Results [PDF, 36KB] (Sole Sisters)
2008 Race Report and Photos (Bradley Stoke Journal)
2008 Race Results (Sole Sisters)
2007 Race Results (Sole Sisters)
More Useful Links
Bradley Stoke 10k Run Stories in The Journal
- Bradley Stoke 10k almost full despite entry limit being raised
- Entries open for 2013 Bradley Stoke 10k Run
- Another record field for the Bradley Stoke 10k
- Entries for Bradley Stoke 10k pass the 300 mark
- Entries open for 2012 Bradley Stoke 10k Run
- Rain fails to dampen spirits of 10k runners
- Bradley Stoke 10k close to capacity with one week to go
- Reserve your place in the 2011 Bradley Stoke 10k
- Biggest ever Bradley Stoke 10k a resounding success
- Another new entry record for the Bradley Stoke 10k Run
Athletics News from Easy Runner, Bristol
- Emma zooms to top spot in the Trot 10k
Tuesday, 21 May 2013, 12:11 pm
EMMA D’Alton produced the star performance in the Kevin McConville Memorial Hogweed Trot 10k road race last night. The Westbury Harrier not only finished top woman by a considerable margin but she a. […]
- Bishop stars in US to share top spot in UK Rankings
Tuesday, 21 May 2013, 8:44 am
DAVE Bishop has gone equal top of the UK Rankings (outdoors) for 1500m after an impressive time in Los Angeles. The Bristol & West AC runner celebrated his recent 26th birthday with a sparkling time o. […]
- Ace Lucy just keeps flying higher!
Tuesday, 21 May 2013, 8:43 am
ANOTHER Bristol & West athlete who has gone top of the UK Rankings is pole vaulter Lucy Bryan. The 17-year-old former Easy Runner athlete of the month cleared a personal best of 4.35m to win the event. […]
- History-makers come out top with league victory
Tuesday, 21 May 2013, 8:42 am
LOCAL athletics history was created on Saturday as Bristol & West AC joined forces with Yate & District AC to present a united team in the Plastics Plus Midland Track & Field League – and the world. […]
- Helen is too sharp for her rivals in Cheddar
Tuesday, 21 May 2013, 8:41 am
HELEN Sharpe of Bristol & West AC was top woman in the Cheddar Gorge 10k multi terrain race on Sunday recording a time of 43mins 45secs in 10th overall. * Andrew Malloy of Bristol & West AC finished t. […]
The Bradley Stoke Journal: