South Gloucestershire Council (SGC) has announced that works on the Patchway Railway Bridge, due to start on 19th May 2008, will require closure of the southbound lane of the B4057 (shown in red in the map above) for a period of approximately six months. The northbound lane will remain open to vehicles up to 7.5 tonnes only.
The bridge links the interchange on the A38 Gloucester Road with Patchway Roundabout, from which the Highwood Road dual carriageway leads on to The Mall and Cribbs Causeway.
The announcement on the SGC website states that:
Traffic diversions will be put in place for the duration of the works and details of the diversions can be found at www.southglos.gov.uk/patchwaybridge. Pedestrians will be able to cross the bridge safely on a separate footway. Bus services will continue as normal but will follow the same diversion routes as the traffic.
The bridge will need to be closed completely overnight for two periods of up to 15 days and also for two whole weekends. Exact closure dates are not yet known and signs will be erected on site to provide advance notice of when this will happen.
Traffic from Bradley Stoke and Little Stoke wishing to reach Patchway and The Mall will be directed southbound down the A38 before making a U-turn under the Rolls Royce flyover and heading back towards Patchway Roundabout. The M5 motorway route may be more convenient for some journeys.
Last 5 posts in South Gloucestershire Council
- Two years on: Have your say on street light switch-off - May 20th, 2013
- Bradley Stoke broadband intervention areas revealed - March 11th, 2013
- Area Forum to consider Bradley Stoke transport and community projects - February 25th, 2013
- South Glos signs broadband deal but target completion date slips - January 31st, 2013
- Frustration as broadband targets slip again - January 7th, 2013