Works on Patchway Railway Bridge that will require the closure of of the southbound lane of the B4057 for a period of approximately six months [see previous story in The Journal] have been delayed by one week. The restrictions were due to come into force today (19th May), but signs at the bridge are now showing a start date of 26th May.
A source at South Gloucestershire Council’s Highways Department confirmed the slippage, citing an overrun on work to re-route gas and electricity services.
Last 5 posts in South Gloucestershire Council
- South Glos council tax to rise by 5.99 percent - 15th March 2018
- Rollout of smaller black bins under way - 7th February 2018
- Residents congratulated for recycling efforts - 18th January 2018
- Introduction of slimline black bins quietly postponed to next year - 4th December 2017
- Weekly recycling starts 19th June, but new sorting rules criticised - 6th June 2017