The third running of Bradley Stoke’s Festival Run, organised by Sole Sisters Running Club, took place today (Sunday 8th June) in warm and sunny conditions over a 10km course around the town’s roads and conservation area trails.
Bradley Stoke Mayor Robert Jones got the race under way at 10am from a point on Bradley Stoke Way south of the Leisure Centre. The race route first took the runners in a loop towards the south of the town before returning to the start point, from where a second loop saw the runners heading north, crossing Primrose Bridge before heading back down Bradley Stoke Way to cross the start line for a third time. The final 2km of the race then followed the Three Brooks Nature Trail, crossing Brook Way before arriving at the Jubilee Centre, where a lap of the football pitch had to be completed before crossing the finish line.
Winner of the men’s race was Brian Penny of Team Bath AC, who completed the course in 35:20, a time more than two minutes faster than the winning time of last year’s race (when the course was slightly different).
Please contact us if you would like a free full-size copy of any of our photos. In due course, we will add captions to our photos (e.g. race number), which should make it easier to find the photos you are interested in.
If you have photos of the race and have uploaded them to the web, please let us know and we will publish your link. Alternatively, we would be happy to publish your photos in The Journal’s PicasaWeb Gallery.
Last 5 posts in Leisure
- Deciding on a New Year’s resolution? Why not join our choir – Stokes Singers? - 8th January 2020
- Twenty years of the Young at Heart Club - 18th September 2019
- Win a year’s free gym membership at Anytime Fitness in Bradley Stoke - 18th May 2019
- Art group gives 'God of the Three Brooks' a face - 30th March 2019
- Fireworks raise £2,810 for mayor’s charities - 8th December 2018