A team of dancers from Bradley Stoke has clinched first prize in their category at the recent United Dance Organisation’s (UDO’s) World Street Dance Championships in Blackpool. Fahrenheit Dance Studio’s ‘Escape’ troop was victorious in the under-14s newcomers category, contested by a total of 14 teams from around the globe.
Fahrenheit’s Miraille Dehaney, who trains three teams of dancers every Sunday at Bradley Stoke Leisure Centre, described the girls’ achievement as “amazing”.
The competition took place at Blackpool’s Winter Gardens, in front of a crowd of thousands. The audience figures were boosted by a guest appearance from Britain’s Got Talent star George Sampson, whom the Bradley Stoke girls were delighted to meet.
Fahrenheit Dance Studio Bristol, home of the GWR Bristol Dance Team, runs classes on Thursdays in the Jane Austen room at Bradley Stoke Leisure Centre. Classes for under-10s run from 5pm to 6pm, with those for older children between 6pm and 7pm. Contact Miraille on 01454-614796 or 07875-101951 for further details.
Last 5 posts in Leisure
- Deciding on a New Year’s resolution? Why not join our choir – Stokes Singers? - 8th January 2020
- Twenty years of the Young at Heart Club - 18th September 2019
- Win a year’s free gym membership at Anytime Fitness in Bradley Stoke - 18th May 2019
- Art group gives 'God of the Three Brooks' a face - 30th March 2019
- Fireworks raise £2,810 for mayor’s charities - 8th December 2018