South Gloucestershire Council (SGC) has opened a public consultation on proposed traffic management measures around Wheatfield Primary School in Wheatfield Drive, Bradley Stoke. The proposals address a number of issues highlighted for attention in the school’s recently-produced Travel Plan.
Proposed measures include the installation of dropped kerbs, bollards to reduce cycle speeds on approaches to road crossings, improvements to a footpath and the introduction of waiting restrictions (double yellow lines and ‘keep clear’ markings).
Most of the planned works are in Wheatfield Drive itself, although one of the proposed measures is in Brackendene, from where a footpath links to to Wheatfield Drive via The Common (East).
The public consultation runs until 7th November 2008.
More information on the SGC website:
Last 5 posts in Education
- BSCS reveals phased timetable for all students returning to school - 26th February 2021
- “Fantastic” GCSE results for BSCS students - 7th September 2020
- BSCS reports another set of "strong outcomes" in Post-16 results - 13th August 2020
- School’s new play equipment officially opened - 14th April 2020
- Year 6 pupils learn ‘skills for life’ at Bristol safety education centre - 13th March 2020