South Gloucestershire Council (SGC) has announced plans to replace Pelican crossings on Bradley Stoke Way and Savages Wood Road with “Toucan” alternatives.
Notices displayed at the two crossings state that the proposals are being made after “consultation with the chief officer of police”. Maps and statements of reasons will be available on the SGC website and at Bradley Stoke Library.
Comments about the proposals must be sent to the Council by Wednesday 26th November.
Toucan crossings differ from Pelican crossings in that cyclists are allowed to ride across the road. The crossings are wider (4m instead of 2.8m) and have “intelligent” detectors.
Unlike Pelican crossings, there is no “flashing amber” signal shown to vehicles at a Toucan crossing.
Last 5 posts in Transport
- Trench Lane road closure extended by another month - 22nd October 2020
- Rabbit Roundabout improvements: Completion date slips into October - 21st October 2020
- Legal e-scooter trial expected to start soon - 10th October 2020
- Roadworks in the Stokes: Plenty more to come! - 8th October 2020
- Woodlands Lane roundabout resurfacing set to start on Thursday - 16th September 2020