South Gloucestershire Council (SGC) has announced plans to replace Pelican crossings on Bradley Stoke Way and Savages Wood Road with “Toucan” alternatives.
Notices displayed at the two crossings state that the proposals are being made after “consultation with the chief officer of police”. Maps and statements of reasons will be available on the SGC website and at Bradley Stoke Library.
Comments about the proposals must be sent to the Council by Wednesday 26th November.
Toucan crossings differ from Pelican crossings in that cyclists are allowed to ride across the road. The crossings are wider (4m instead of 2.8m) and have “intelligent” detectors.
Unlike Pelican crossings, there is no “flashing amber” signal shown to vehicles at a Toucan crossing.
Last 5 posts in Transport
- Bus timetable changes on M1 & 73 from Sunday - 10th April 2021
- Raised table proposed for Brook Way zebra crossing - 4th April 2021
- 'Hop-on, hop-off' e-scooter hire scheme arrives in the Stokes - 14th February 2021
- Bus service frequencies to be reduced from Sunday - 22nd January 2021
- Trench Lane road closure extended by another month - 22nd October 2020