The 74 service currently runs once a day in each direction, picking up at Ellan Hay Road, Bradley Stoke at 7:04am and returning from Bristol at 5:43pm. The limited stop X74 service makes one journey a day, picking up at Ellan Hay Road at 7:42am. Both services operate Monday-Friday only.
The company claims that low customer demand is behind the proposed changes, which will come into effect on 1st February next year.
Bradley Stoke Mayor Robert Jones is quoted as describing First Group’s actions as “death by a thousand cuts”, while town and district Councillor John Ashe complains that “First hasn’t even had the decency to consult local residents about the impact that these ill-thought through changes will have”.
- Announcement of service change on First Group website
- The Journal’s guide to bus services in Bradley Stoke
Last 5 posts in Transport
- Trench Lane road closure extended by another month - 22nd October 2020
- Rabbit Roundabout improvements: Completion date slips into October - 21st October 2020
- Legal e-scooter trial expected to start soon - 10th October 2020
- Roadworks in the Stokes: Plenty more to come! - 8th October 2020
- Woodlands Lane roundabout resurfacing set to start on Thursday - 16th September 2020