The 74 service currently runs once a day in each direction, picking up at Ellan Hay Road, Bradley Stoke at 7:04am and returning from Bristol at 5:43pm. The limited stop X74 service makes one journey a day, picking up at Ellan Hay Road at 7:42am. Both services operate Monday-Friday only.
The company claims that low customer demand is behind the proposed changes, which will come into effect on 1st February next year.
Bradley Stoke Mayor Robert Jones is quoted as describing First Group’s actions as “death by a thousand cuts”, while town and district Councillor John Ashe complains that “First hasn’t even had the decency to consult local residents about the impact that these ill-thought through changes will have”.
- Announcement of service change on First Group website
- The Journal’s guide to bus services in Bradley Stoke
Last 5 posts in Transport
- Bus timetable changes on M1 & 73 from Sunday - 10th April 2021
- Raised table proposed for Brook Way zebra crossing - 4th April 2021
- 'Hop-on, hop-off' e-scooter hire scheme arrives in the Stokes - 14th February 2021
- Bus service frequencies to be reduced from Sunday - 22nd January 2021
- Trench Lane road closure extended by another month - 22nd October 2020