Two teams from a Bradley Stoke street dance group achieved top placings in the recent 2009 UDO British Street Dance Championships at Brean Sands.
Fahrenheit Dance Studio Bristol’s BS1 team (formerly Extreme) came 2nd in the under 18 intermediate class, while the group’s Escape team finished 5th in the under 14 intermediate category.
The studio’s DZire (under 18 newcomer) and Upgrade (under 14 newcomer) teams also performed creditably without achieving a podium position.
Fahrenheit’s Miraille Dehaney described the Escape team’s performance as “brilliant” and also praised the Upgrade team, who only got together in November and “did extremely well overcoming their nerves against 16 other teams.”
The teams train on Sundays at Bradley Stoke Leisure Centre and Riverside Leisure Club, Little Stoke. Fahrenheit also runs open street dance classes on Tuesday and Thursday evenings at the leisure centre – contact Miraille on 07875-101951 for further details.
Saturday 14th March sees a street dance event being held at Bradley Stoke Leisure Centre, where Marcquelle Ward, who played “BB” in the hit show Britannia High on C4, will be hosting a workshop and signing autographs. The event runs from 5pm to 8pm and places are limited – click on the thumbnail to find out more.
Last 5 posts in Leisure
- Deciding on a New Year’s resolution? Why not join our choir – Stokes Singers? - 8th January 2020
- Twenty years of the Young at Heart Club - 18th September 2019
- Win a year’s free gym membership at Anytime Fitness in Bradley Stoke - 18th May 2019
- Art group gives 'God of the Three Brooks' a face - 30th March 2019
- Fireworks raise £2,810 for mayor’s charities - 8th December 2018