The 2009 Bradley Stoke Community Festival is to feature local bands and dance groups at the Jubilee Centre Arena on Saturday 13th June.
Performances will start at 12:30pm and run through to a later than usual closing time of 8:30pm.
Musical styles on offer range from samba through Afro beat and jazz to 50s and 60s covers, while dance groups will showcase ballet, Bollywood and street dance.
The annual festival kicks off on Friday 12th June with a ‘Picnic in the Park’, coffee morning and table top sale at the Jubilee Centre.
Saturday 13th June sees the main arena events taking place at the Jubilee Centre together with a Community Fair, where local organisations and businesses will be showcasing their activities. Stalls at the fair, which are free of charge this year, can be reserved through Southern Brooks Community Partnership (SBCP).
Also taking place on Saturday is the McDonalds Football Open Day incorporating the annual Junior Football Tournament. England’s 1966 World Cup hero Sir Geoff Hurst, now McDonald’s Director of Football, will be on hand to offer tips and advice to the youngsters.
Starting from the Leisure Centre at 10am on Saturday is an organised walk around the Three Brooks Local Nature Reserve. Led by ecologist Rupert Higgins, the walk is intended to involve the wider community, especially those who might not have realised just how much they have on the doorstep.
Sunday 14th June features a number of sporting events, including the Bradley Stoke 10k Run (starting at 10am from the Jubilee Centre), a 6-a-side Cricket Tournament (from 1pm at Baileys Court Activity Centre) and the annual Skate Park Competition.
Also taking place on Sunday is an outdoor church service (11am at Baileys Court) followed by a family picnic.
The Town Council is advising visitors to events at the Jubilee Centre to park in the Willow Brook Centre as there is no public parking available at the Savages Wood Road venue.
- Community Festival Venues (The Journal / Google Maps)
- Bradley Stoke 10k Race Route (The Journal / Google Maps)
Last 5 posts in Leisure
- Deciding on a New Year’s resolution? Why not join our choir – Stokes Singers? - 8th January 2020
- Twenty years of the Young at Heart Club - 18th September 2019
- Win a year’s free gym membership at Anytime Fitness in Bradley Stoke - 18th May 2019
- Art group gives 'God of the Three Brooks' a face - 30th March 2019
- Fireworks raise £2,810 for mayor’s charities - 8th December 2018