Residents of Bradley Stoke will have a chance to chat with their elected representatives on the Town Council tomorrow in the foyer of the Willow Brook Centre.
The council has decided to move its monthly ‘councillor surgeries’ from the Leisure Centre (photo left) to the new shopping centre in an effort to make them more accessible to residents.
New Town Mayor Mark Forsyth explains:
“Public take up in the Leisure Centre has always been quite low but by locating ourselves at the entrance to the Willow Brook Centre’s Mall we hope to reach out to many more people.”
Tomorrow’s surgery will be attended by Cllr John Ashe (Baileys Court) and Cllr Sandra Hobson (Manor Farm) but any resident of Bradley Stoke is welcome to raise issues within the remit of the council’s work and are invited to attend at anytime between 10am and 12pm.
Cllr Ashe, who also represents the town’s South Ward on South Gloucestershire Council comments:
“People can always get in touch with their councillors by a variety means but sometimes they prefer a face to face chat. The monthly surgeries are an additional option for making contact.”
Surgeries will continue to be held on the first Saturday of every month.
Last 5 posts in Bradley Stoke Town Council
- Meet the new mayor: Cllr Tony Griffiths - 2nd August 2020
- Light pollution issue leads council to restrict opening hours of new car park - 4th February 2020
- Work set to start soon on Brook Way car park - 6th October 2019
- Petty party politics return to town council at AGM - 25th June 2019
- Meet the new mayor: Councillor Tom Aditya - 16th June 2019