Scores of families and children turned out this afternoon to see Mayor Mark Forsyth officially open the new Jubilee Green Park at Savages Wood Road, Bradley Stoke.
The adventure playground has been under construction since May and there was doubt that it could be completed in time for today’s grand opening.
Workmen were still clearing away equipment and fencing just minutes before the opening, but everything was tidied away in time for the Mayor to cut the ribbon just after the scheduled time of 4:30pm.
A stream of excited children then rushed into the play park to explore the various slides, exercise stations and sand pits that make up the new facility.
The Mayor paid tribute to the people involved in designing and promoting the park, including Alison Brown of South Gloucestershire Council, Winsome Barrett-Muir of Southern Brooks Community Partnership and Michelle Dent of the Friends of Jubilee Green.
Last 5 posts in Leisure
- Deciding on a New Year’s resolution? Why not join our choir – Stokes Singers? - 8th January 2020
- Twenty years of the Young at Heart Club - 18th September 2019
- Win a year’s free gym membership at Anytime Fitness in Bradley Stoke - 18th May 2019
- Art group gives 'God of the Three Brooks' a face - 30th March 2019
- Fireworks raise £2,810 for mayor’s charities - 8th December 2018