A road traffic accident on the Winterbourne Road in the early hours of Saturday morning (22nd August) has left two men dead and three others injured.
The accident happened at the junction of Winterbourne Road and Old Gloucester Road, close to where the Winterbourne Road passes under the M4 motorway.
Avon and Somerset Police say a Mercedes collided with a Royal Mail lorry at around 2:30am on Saturday morning.
The driver of the Mercedes was pronounced dead at the scene. A 17-year-old passenger in the Mercedes died later on Saturday.
Two other men remain in a critical condition with life-threatening injuries at Frenchay Hospital.
The Royal Mail driver, 44, is at the Bristol Royal Infirmary suffering from a serious back injury and a broken leg.
Sunday afternoon saw friends of the deceased and injured gathered at the scene, where flowers and tributes have been tied to railings at the side of the road.
Police want to hear from anyone who witnessed the accident or saw the Mercedes earlier travelling in the Winterbourne area. Anyone with information should contact Bristol police on 0845 456 7000 or on Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
Last 5 posts in Police
- Man remanded in custody following Stanley Mead burglary - 15th October 2020
- Jubilee Centre ASB camera deployment ended after six months - 23rd January 2020
- Police issue warning following spate of patio door break-ins - 15th November 2019
- CCTV zone set up near Jubilee Centre - 30th July 2019
- Working group formed to tackle “spike” in ASB - 8th July 2019