The Asian community in the South-West will be celebrating Diwali in Bradley Stoke’s Town Square this coming weekend.
Radio Mast FM, an Asian radio channel in the South-West, is staging a road show on Saturday afternoon (17th October) to mark the occasion of Diwali (festival of light) – celebrated by Hindus all over the world.
The theme of the event is “Diwali at Little India” and the organisers are promising live performances by Indian traditional dancers, Bhangra Dhol players and dancers, singers and non-stop Bollywood sounds by Radio Mast FM DJs.
The on-stage action will be accompanied by an Indian market in the Town Square featuring Indian Diwali sweet stalls, Indian designer jewellery, Indian clothing and make-up artists, henna painting, Indian eyebrow shaping, Indian guru fortune telling, Bollywood CDs & DVDs, fireworks for Diwali and Diwali Divas (Indian candle holders for Diwali).
A bouncy castle and face painting stall will keep the younger children entertained.
The event begins at 12.30 pm and will end with a grand finale around sunset, when traditional candles will be lit around the Town Square accompanied by a performance of the Indian Dandiya Raas (stick dance).
Radio Mast FM can be heard online 24/7 on www.bigqunlimited.com. The station, currently based on the Fishponds Road in Bristol, has hopes of gaining a digital broadcasting (DAB) licence for the South Gloucestershire area.
Last 5 posts in Leisure
- Deciding on a New Year’s resolution? Why not join our choir – Stokes Singers? - January 8th, 2020
- Twenty years of the Young at Heart Club - September 18th, 2019
- Win a year’s free gym membership at Anytime Fitness in Bradley Stoke - May 18th, 2019
- Art group gives 'God of the Three Brooks' a face - March 30th, 2019
- Fireworks raise £2,810 for mayor’s charities - December 8th, 2018