Notices threatening rogue motorists with a penalty charge of £70 have been erected around the area. The signs bear the name of South West Parking Solutions, a Cheltenham company.
A reporter from The Journal witnessed an official taking several photos of a car parked in the area before securing a penalty notice behind the windscreen wiper of the vehicle. One further car was also seen to have a notice attached.
Willow Brook Centre Manager Scott Lahive told The Journal:
“The restriction have been introduced due to the high level of illegal parking we have experienced in this area. The area had been clearly lined as a loading/delivery bay since opening.”
“Earlier in the year the road markings were also extended and made even more prominent however abuse persists. Parking in this area has an operational effect on the centre as this section is for centre deliveries and fuel deliveries.”
“This hasn’t been a decision we have taken lightly and we have trialed other options before commencing with parking penalties, however the situation has got progressively worse and we are left with no other option.”
Last 5 posts in New Town Centre
- Willow Brook shopping centre prepares for more businesses to reopen - 9th June 2020
- Discount retailer One Below to open store at Willow Brook - 19th September 2019
- Hospice charity shop now open at Willow Brook - 6th September 2019
- Children’s Hospice South West to open new charity shop in Bradley Stoke - 10th August 2019
- Willow Brook backtracks over speed bumps - 2nd August 2019