If you haven’t bought your Christmas tree yet (or just fancy an extra one to fill that empty space in your Bradley Stoke mansion), there are plenty going free at the town’s Willow Brook Centre.
Hundreds of unsold “real” trees, mostly around 8ft tall, have been abandoned by a seller in the car park of the centre and a source at the Willow Brook Management office has confirmed to The Journal that anyone can go along and help themselves.
The Christmas tree compound in the corner of the car park was erected about two weeks ago, but business was slow – presumably because most people had already bought their trees elsewhere earlier in the month.
The compound fencing was removed earlier today, leaving free access to the trees, which were retailing “from £18” earlier in the week.
The trees are due to be removed by the seller “after Christmas”, according to the Willow Brook source.
Last 5 posts in General News
- ‘Autumn in the Stokes’ photo competition launched - 17th October 2020
- The scarecrows are coming to town! - 14th October 2020
- Woodland paths set for improvement - 8th October 2020
- Bradley Stoke in Bloom 2020 Best Front Garden competition: The winners - 14th September 2020
- Residents and businesses invited to enter mayor’s half-term charity scarecrow trail - 12th September 2020