If you haven’t bought your Christmas tree yet (or just fancy an extra one to fill that empty space in your Bradley Stoke mansion), there are plenty going free at the town’s Willow Brook Centre.
Hundreds of unsold “real” trees, mostly around 8ft tall, have been abandoned by a seller in the car park of the centre and a source at the Willow Brook Management office has confirmed to The Journal that anyone can go along and help themselves.
The Christmas tree compound in the corner of the car park was erected about two weeks ago, but business was slow – presumably because most people had already bought their trees elsewhere earlier in the month.
The compound fencing was removed earlier today, leaving free access to the trees, which were retailing “from £18” earlier in the week.
The trees are due to be removed by the seller “after Christmas”, according to the Willow Brook source.
Last 5 posts in General News
- Easter family fun in Bradley Stoke - 1st April 2021
- Staging of 2021 Bradley Stoke Community Festival hangs in the balance - 25th March 2021
- The story behind the white paper birds in a tree on Brook Way - 20th March 2021
- Tipper trucks make hundreds of journeys through Bradley Stoke as housing site levelled - 9th February 2021
- "Disco effect" on-off street light issue could be caused by software fault - 13th January 2021