Twelve-year-old Sophie Simmonds says in her manifesto that, if elected, she will aim to:
“Improve the image of young people in the media because I think we are portrayed really negatively. We should be portrayed for the good things we do, like, sporting achievements and volunteering work”; and
“Provide more amenities for teenagers in their areas to try and get them more active and socialising.”
Sophie is one of six candidates standing for the two South Gloucestershire seats.
She will learn her fate at the official count on Friday (29th January) in Thornbury.
Read more: UK Youth Parliament (South Gloucestershire Council)
Last 5 posts in Youth
- Rainbows keeping busy in challenging times - 9th August 2020
- Henry’s badge challenge benefits the homeless - 5th May 2020
- Bradley Stoke Scouts: A tale of two camps - 15th November 2019
- Spectacular skate park skills and ‘have-a-go’ art sessions return to festival - 10th July 2019
- Scouts brave the rain on September camp - 16th October 2018