Customers of Bradley Stoke’s Willow Brook Centre will soon be able to rest their weary legs when seating is finally installed within the shopping centre’s mall.
Elderly and disabled shoppers have long complained about the lack of seats within the centre, but management previously said that their budget was “too constrained” to allow the situation to be rectified.
Centre Manager Scott Lahive admitted to the July 2009 meeting of the Bradley Stoke Safer and Stronger Community Group (SSCG) that “too much had been spent on seating outside [in the Town Square]” prior to the centre’s opening in October 2008.
But Mr Lahive now says that new seating has been ordered and will be arriving within the next few weeks. He told this week’s SSCG meeting that the seats are likely to be installed at the end of February or the beginning of March.
Mr Lahive was also able to confirm that fashion retailer Peacocks is planning to open a new store at the centre “just after Easter”, subject to the successful completion of contractual negotiations.
He added that the centre is also in talks with two further high street retailers.
Last 5 posts in New Town Centre
- Discount retailer One Below to open store at Willow Brook - September 19th, 2019
- Hospice charity shop now open at Willow Brook - September 6th, 2019
- Children’s Hospice South West to open new charity shop in Bradley Stoke - August 10th, 2019
- Willow Brook backtracks over speed bumps - August 2nd, 2019
- Mixed reactions to Willow Brook Centre’s new speed bumps - April 17th, 2019