Entries have now opened for the 2010 renewal of the Bradley Stoke 10k Run, to be held on Sunday 13th June as part of the town’s Community Festival.
The increasingly popular event, organised by local ladies-only running club Sole Sisters, will take place over the same route as last year – starting and finishing at the Jubilee Centre in Savages Wood Road.
The race route [map] takes in much of the Three Brooks Local Nature Reserve as well as including stretches along Brook Way and Bradley Stoke Way.
Popular with local joggers and fun runners, the race also attracts serious athletes from around the region. Last year’s winner was Gary Hope of Gloucester Club Severn AC, who completed the course in a time of 33:36, while Joanne Heuze of Cardiff club Village Vipers was the first woman home in 41:17.
Karen Walsh of Sole Sisters tells The Journal that the entry limit for the 2010 race has been raised to 500 (from 350 in 2009) thanks to the cooperation of the local police, who will be manning road crossings around the course.
The Nicola Corrie Support Foundation has been nominated as the official fundraising charity for this year’s race.
More information and related links:
- Bradley Stoke 10k Run 2010 Entry Form [PDF]
- Bradley Stoke 10k Run (The Journal)
- Bradley Stoke Community Festival (The Journal)
Last 5 posts in Leisure
- Deciding on a New Year’s resolution? Why not join our choir – Stokes Singers? - 8th January 2020
- Twenty years of the Young at Heart Club - 18th September 2019
- Win a year’s free gym membership at Anytime Fitness in Bradley Stoke - 18th May 2019
- Art group gives 'God of the Three Brooks' a face - 30th March 2019
- Fireworks raise £2,810 for mayor’s charities - 8th December 2018