Students at Bradley Stoke Community School (BSCS) are to stage a quiz night on Friday 25th June to raise funds for their World Challenge project, which will see a group of year 10 & 11 students travel to South India in Summer 2011.
World Challenge aims to provide educational expeditions to the developing world which teach life skills and expand minds outside the classroom.
The quiz night will help the students raise some of the £3,000 that they each need to raise to enable them to join the trip.
Teams can consist of up to six people and the quiz is open to adults and students in years 10 and 11. The cost per head will be £5 per adult and £3 per student and this will include food.
Completed entry forms, with cheques made payable to ‘Bradley Stoke Community School’, should be sent to the school marked for the attention of Tom Hill.
A recent ‘bag packing’ weekend at Bradley Stoke’s Tesco Extra store raised just under £1,700 towards the expedition.
Last 5 posts in Education
- School’s new play equipment officially opened - April 14th, 2020
- Year 6 pupils learn ‘skills for life’ at Bristol safety education centre - March 13th, 2020
- Primary school children presented with award for local litter pick - February 15th, 2020
- Ofsted confirms Holy Trinity’s ‘good’ rating - January 12th, 2020
- BSCS recognised for student-led health and wellbeing work - December 3rd, 2019