Students at Bradley Stoke Community School (BSCS) are to stage a quiz night on Friday 25th June to raise funds for their World Challenge project, which will see a group of year 10 & 11 students travel to South India in Summer 2011.
World Challenge aims to provide educational expeditions to the developing world which teach life skills and expand minds outside the classroom.
The quiz night will help the students raise some of the £3,000 that they each need to raise to enable them to join the trip.
Teams can consist of up to six people and the quiz is open to adults and students in years 10 and 11. The cost per head will be £5 per adult and £3 per student and this will include food.
Completed entry forms, with cheques made payable to ‘Bradley Stoke Community School’, should be sent to the school marked for the attention of Tom Hill.
A recent ‘bag packing’ weekend at Bradley Stoke’s Tesco Extra store raised just under £1,700 towards the expedition.
Last 5 posts in Education
- BSCS reveals phased timetable for all students returning to school - 26th February 2021
- “Fantastic” GCSE results for BSCS students - 7th September 2020
- BSCS reports another set of "strong outcomes" in Post-16 results - 13th August 2020
- School’s new play equipment officially opened - 14th April 2020
- Year 6 pupils learn ‘skills for life’ at Bristol safety education centre - 13th March 2020