The team of five inspectors observed a total of 25 lessons at the 399-pupil school, which is located in Wheatfield Drive, off Brook Way.
The inspectors summarised their findings as follows:
“Wheatfield is a good school. Outcomes for pupils have been sustained and standards particularly in English are improving. These improvements are well founded on comprehensive and accurate self-evaluation which is, in turn, informed by a detailed analysis of performance data and careful monitoring.”
Pupils’ attainment is said to be “improving” and is “above average by the time pupils leave in Year 6”, although the inspectors point out that “pupils are more confident in applying their reading and writing skills than their numeracy skills”.
Behaviour at the school is rated “outstanding” and pupils are said to have “an exceptionally good understanding of a healthy lifestyle”.
More information and related links:
Last 5 posts in Education
- Aardman Live at Bowsland Green Primary - March 19th, 2017
- Trust warns of looming funding crisis at BSCS - March 17th, 2017
- Local school seeks to build relationships with local employers - March 10th, 2017
- Emotional send-off for Wheatfield headteacher - January 3rd, 2017
- Bowsland Green praised by Ofsted inspectors - December 15th, 2016
Share this article: