The team of five inspectors observed a total of 25 lessons at the 399-pupil school, which is located in Wheatfield Drive, off Brook Way.
The inspectors summarised their findings as follows:
“Wheatfield is a good school. Outcomes for pupils have been sustained and standards particularly in English are improving. These improvements are well founded on comprehensive and accurate self-evaluation which is, in turn, informed by a detailed analysis of performance data and careful monitoring.”
Pupils’ attainment is said to be “improving” and is “above average by the time pupils leave in Year 6”, although the inspectors point out that “pupils are more confident in applying their reading and writing skills than their numeracy skills”.
Behaviour at the school is rated “outstanding” and pupils are said to have “an exceptionally good understanding of a healthy lifestyle”.
More information and related links:
Last 5 posts in Education
- Best ever GCSE examination results at BSCS - September 12th, 2016
- BSCS staff “delighted” with Post-16 outcomes - September 6th, 2016
- BIG award for Stoke Lodge Primary School - August 21st, 2016
- BSCS primary phase marks end of first year - August 14th, 2016
- School's initiative sees hundreds more trained in lifesaving CPR technique - July 21st, 2016
Share this article: