Simpson’s Fish & Chips today (Sunday 18th) became the latest outlet to open at Bradley Stoke’s Willow Brook shopping centre.
The family-owned chippy, which will compete head-on with Subway and KFC, is situated in Town Square unit 9 – next door to Ladbrokes.
The business opened it doors at 11:45 today, which will be the regular opening time on all seven days of the week. The shop will trade until 9:30pm Monday to Saturday and 6:30pm on Sundays.
The Bradley Stoke branch becomes the third in the group’s portfolio, following openings in Chepstow (January 2009) and Cheltenham (November 2009).
Owners Brian and Janette Simpson say they have been in the fish and chip trade for 34 years, perfecting their art in eleven different shops.
Janette told The Journal:
“Our ethos is simple, we want to provide the best fish and chips to our customers while maintaining cleanliness, great customer service and professionalism. We do not serve fast food, we serve great food, fast!”
The company says it has a policy of cooking fish to order, unless it’s very busy, to guarantee freshness. All the food is probed to make sure it’s at the correct temperature before being served.
Asked what the new shop will bring to Bradley Stoke, Mrs Simpson said:
We hope to provide a friendly and reliable local chippy that guarantees great food every time you return. It’s nice seeing our name next to big successful fast food chains and we hope we can keep up!
The company is running a ‘20% off fish and chips’ promotion during its first week of trading. Look out for the special flyers being handed out in the Town Square.
More information and related links:
- More photos from the opening: album; slideshow (PicasaWeb)
- Takeaway Food Outlets in Bradley Stoke (The Journal)
- Phone numbers of shops at the Willow Brook Centre (The Journal)
Last 5 posts in New Town Centre
- Willow Brook shopping centre prepares for more businesses to reopen - June 9th, 2020
- Discount retailer One Below to open store at Willow Brook - September 19th, 2019
- Hospice charity shop now open at Willow Brook - September 6th, 2019
- Children’s Hospice South West to open new charity shop in Bradley Stoke - August 10th, 2019
- Willow Brook backtracks over speed bumps - August 2nd, 2019