Christopher Lee of Bradley Stoke Twinning Association has kindly provided the following report on the recent visit of a group from Champs-sur-Marne to Bradley Stoke (11th – 13th June 2010):
We received our visitors on the Friday 11th evening at The BS Community School.
Here we discussed exchange possibilities with representatives of Language Faculties,Football,Rugby,Netball and Local History.
On Saturday BS and C-s-M Twinning groups attended the BS Festival where we visited the BSCS Summer Fair,BS Radio stand,amongst many others,watched the stage performances,and made a new contact with the Cycling Club.
Saturday evening we hosted a special 10th Anniversary of the Twinning Charter Dinner at the Aztec Hotel.The opening speech was made by Janet Biggin of SG Council and Ben Walker replied to a message of greetings given by the C-s-M Mayor’s representative.
Jack Lopresti MP was also there.
On Sunday morning I took the C-s-M group to Rodborough Common,because they were interested to see the River Severn from a high vantage point.
After fond farewells,we look forward to visit C-s-M once more in October 1-3 weekend to continue and expand our cultural and sporting links.
Photo: Christopher Lee (2nd left) being interviewed by Bradley Stoke Radio at the 2010 Bradley Stoke Community Festival.
Last 5 posts in General News
- Bradley Stoke Library reopens for browsing - 25th October 2020
- ‘Autumn in the Stokes’ photo competition launched - 17th October 2020
- The scarecrows are coming to town! - 14th October 2020
- Woodland paths set for improvement - 8th October 2020
- Bradley Stoke in Bloom 2020 Best Front Garden competition: The winners - 14th September 2020