Christopher Lee of Bradley Stoke Twinning Association has kindly provided the following report on the recent visit of a group from Champs-sur-Marne to Bradley Stoke (11th – 13th June 2010):
We received our visitors on the Friday 11th evening at The BS Community School.
Here we discussed exchange possibilities with representatives of Language Faculties,Football,Rugby,Netball and Local History.
On Saturday BS and C-s-M Twinning groups attended the BS Festival where we visited the BSCS Summer Fair,BS Radio stand,amongst many others,watched the stage performances,and made a new contact with the Cycling Club.
Saturday evening we hosted a special 10th Anniversary of the Twinning Charter Dinner at the Aztec Hotel.The opening speech was made by Janet Biggin of SG Council and Ben Walker replied to a message of greetings given by the C-s-M Mayor’s representative.
Jack Lopresti MP was also there.
On Sunday morning I took the C-s-M group to Rodborough Common,because they were interested to see the River Severn from a high vantage point.
After fond farewells,we look forward to visit C-s-M once more in October 1-3 weekend to continue and expand our cultural and sporting links.
Photo: Christopher Lee (2nd left) being interviewed by Bradley Stoke Radio at the 2010 Bradley Stoke Community Festival.
Last 5 posts in General News
- Easter family fun in Bradley Stoke - 1st April 2021
- Staging of 2021 Bradley Stoke Community Festival hangs in the balance - 25th March 2021
- The story behind the white paper birds in a tree on Brook Way - 20th March 2021
- Tipper trucks make hundreds of journeys through Bradley Stoke as housing site levelled - 9th February 2021
- "Disco effect" on-off street light issue could be caused by software fault - 13th January 2021