Bradley Stoke’s Savages Wood is at risk of being damaged by a major fire according to the local nature conservation group.
The Three Brooks Blog, a publication of the Three Brooks Nature Conservation Group, says local youths have been gathering falling branches and logs to build bonfires in the wood.
The problem is said to have worsened since a local school allowed students to “run riot” and build shelters in the wood a few weeks ago.
The groups says it is going to try to turn the branches into firewood and take them off the reserve but adds that it may need Council help for the larger tree trunks.
The same issue was previously raised by local police at a meeting of the Bradley Stoke Safer and Stronger Community group in May 2009 after the fire brigade had earlier been called to extinguish a fire in the wood.
Last 5 posts in General News
- Local student's 'hero' word art drawing to be raffled for charity - May 11th, 2020
- Lake desilting project: Further details released - May 10th, 2020
- [Letter] What are they doing to our town centre? - March 4th, 2020
- Local mum and son team become published authors - March 3rd, 2020
- Councillors overruled: McDonald’s and Starbucks drive-throughs allowed on appeal - February 26th, 2020