Bradley Stoke’s Savages Wood is at risk of being damaged by a major fire according to the local nature conservation group.
The Three Brooks Blog, a publication of the Three Brooks Nature Conservation Group, says local youths have been gathering falling branches and logs to build bonfires in the wood.
The problem is said to have worsened since a local school allowed students to “run riot” and build shelters in the wood a few weeks ago.
The groups says it is going to try to turn the branches into firewood and take them off the reserve but adds that it may need Council help for the larger tree trunks.
The same issue was previously raised by local police at a meeting of the Bradley Stoke Safer and Stronger Community group in May 2009 after the fire brigade had earlier been called to extinguish a fire in the wood.
Last 5 posts in General News
- Easter family fun in Bradley Stoke - 1st April 2021
- Staging of 2021 Bradley Stoke Community Festival hangs in the balance - 25th March 2021
- The story behind the white paper birds in a tree on Brook Way - 20th March 2021
- Tipper trucks make hundreds of journeys through Bradley Stoke as housing site levelled - 9th February 2021
- "Disco effect" on-off street light issue could be caused by software fault - 13th January 2021