A local radio station is to stage a rush hour challenge to see if a cyclist can beat a motorist on the journey from Bradley Stoke to Aztec West.
Next Tuesday’s Big Bike Challenge on Jack fm will see the radio station’s driver take on a two-wheeled rival from cycling organisation Better by Bike between the Willow Brook Centre and the the Aztec West Business Park.
The radio station will be broadcasting live from outside the Bradley Stoke Giant cycle store from 7:40am on Tuesday 21st September with the competitors setting off at around 8am.
The results of the challenge will be revealed later on the ‘That Morning Thing’ programme.
While the motorist will be taking the obvious route up Bradley Stoke Way and across the A38 roundabout, we understand that the cyclist will use the new Cycling City Route 4, which avoids the roundabout by using The Common East, Patchway Common and, via the A38 subway, Hempton Lane.
Better by Bike say that the event has been designed to promote responsible cycling and responsible driving, mirroring the regular commutes of cyclists and vehicle drivers.
Cyclists taking part in the challenge must stop at all red lights and avoid cycling on pavements that are not designed for shared use.
Listeners can tune in to The Big Bike Challenge on 106.5 JACK fm.
Related link: Walking and Cycling in Bradley Stoke (The Journal)
Last 5 posts in Transport
- Bus service frequencies increased to support social distancing as lockdown eased - May 31st, 2020
- Roundabout work sees 200 tonnes of material removed in first six weeks - March 9th, 2020
- Potholed Bradley Stoke road to be resurfaced - February 17th, 2020
- Bus boss critical of roadworks planning - February 12th, 2020
- Rabbit Roundabout roadworks bring delays of up to 40 minutes - February 8th, 2020