A roofer from Bradley Stoke, who was recently voted “Bristol’s Next Top Model”, has starred in a prestigious fashion show at The Mall, Cribbs Causeway.
Lee Matthews, 21, was chosen as the male winner of the 2010 Bristol Evening Post fashion contest last weekend, entitling him to make his catwalk debut on Thursday (23rd September) in the Bristol Fashion Week show.
After observing the professional models on Tuesday and taking part in rehearsals himself on Wednesday, Lee took to the catwalk for four performances on Thursday in a show compered by TV style gurus Mark Heyes and Andrew Barton.
Lee, who also plays semi-professional football as a goalkeeper with Almondsbury Town FC, described his first modelling assignment as being “quite hard work with a lot of routines and timings to remember”.
The experience has, however, not deterred him and he is due to return to The Mall for their next big fashion show in March 2011.
Lee’s mum Nikki says her son was inspired to enter the competition by his footballing friend Chris Kite, who won the contest in 2009, although she says it took a great deal of persuasion to get him to go for the photo shoot to qualify for entry.
This week sees Lee back at his normal roofing job with the family firm but he says he’s looking forward to more assignments arranged through Bristol’s Mustard model agency, with whom he has a one year contract as part of his Bristol’s Next Top Model prize.
Last 5 posts in General News
- ‘Autumn in the Stokes’ photo competition launched - 17th October 2020
- The scarecrows are coming to town! - 14th October 2020
- Woodland paths set for improvement - 8th October 2020
- Bradley Stoke in Bloom 2020 Best Front Garden competition: The winners - 14th September 2020
- Residents and businesses invited to enter mayor’s half-term charity scarecrow trail - 12th September 2020