A District Councillor representing Bradley Stoke has told a Labour Councillor to “make up his mind” about transparency and the provision of care for the elderly.
Cllr Sarah Pomfret, who represents the Bradley Stoke Central & Stoke Lodge ward on South Gloucestershire Council (SGC), says Cllr Andy Perkins (Woodstock) needs to:
“make up his mind about transparency and how councils account for his Labour Government’s policy of forcing older residents to sell their homes to pay for care.”
Cllr Perkins and other Labour Councillors have called a special meeting of SGC’s Community Care and Housing Select Committee to discuss what he claims are plans to allow private companies to build and run care homes in the district.
Read more: Make your mind up (Evening Post)
Last 5 posts in Local Government
- Another Bradley Stoke town councillor resigns - 23rd March 2021
- South Glos council tax to rise by 4.99 percent - 14th March 2021
- Stokes councillor becomes first black Cabinet member - 13th December 2020
- South Glos council tax to rise by 3.99 percent - 18th March 2020
- By-election set to see around 6,700 voters called to the polls in Bradley Stoke South - 4th March 2020