A pre-school in Bradley Stoke has been rated “satisfactory” by an Ofsted inspector, who visited the ‘early years’ care provider in October.
The family-run Covey Pre-School, based at Baileys Court (opposite the Beijing restaurant), has a capacity for 26 children between the ages of two and five and it currently has 43 on roll.
The inspector wrote:
“Covey Pre-School environment is inviting and inclusive for the children who attend. They are safe in the building and well-behaved. Partnerships between parents and staff are good which is significant in keeping the two-way flow of information going for the benefit of children’s welfare needs. There is a good selection of toys and resources for children to choose from, which has some impact on their learning through play.”
Areas identified as needing improvement include the establishment of links with other settings attended by the children, identification of the next steps in each child’s learning progression and ensuring that planning includes daily opportunities for all children to experience fresh air and exercise in a secure environment.
More information and related links:
- The Covey Pre-School, Bradley Stoke (Ofsted)
- The Covey Childcare, Bradley Stoke
- Childcare in and around Bradley Stoke (The Journal)
Last 5 posts in Education
- “Fantastic” GCSE results for BSCS students - 7th September 2020
- BSCS reports another set of "strong outcomes" in Post-16 results - 13th August 2020
- School’s new play equipment officially opened - 14th April 2020
- Year 6 pupils learn ‘skills for life’ at Bristol safety education centre - 13th March 2020
- Primary school children presented with award for local litter pick - 15th February 2020