Bradley Stoke Community School (BSCS) is staging a meeting for parents/carers this evening to communicate the latest results of research into the possibility of the school converting to academy status.
The school first registered its interest in becoming an academy in June 2010, following an invitation from Education Secretary Michael Gove issued shortly after the General Election.
The school Governors agreed to take the next step towards to conversion in December 2010 and tonight’s meeting is a precursor to the launching of a formal consultation process.
Last 5 posts in Education
- BSCS reveals phased timetable for all students returning to school - 26th February 2021
- “Fantastic” GCSE results for BSCS students - 7th September 2020
- BSCS reports another set of "strong outcomes" in Post-16 results - 13th August 2020
- School’s new play equipment officially opened - 14th April 2020
- Year 6 pupils learn ‘skills for life’ at Bristol safety education centre - 13th March 2020