The Bristol Evening Post reports that a Bradley Stoke man has been given a 14 month jail sentence for stealing funds from a local pre-school.
Andrew Sheppard, of Chequers Court, stole more than £12,000 from Flying Start Pre-School, which was based at the Community Pavilion on Patchway Common.
Bristol Crown Court heard that the money was used to settle gambling debts and as part payment on a car.
The pre-school has since changed its name and appointed a new committee.
Related link: Child care in Bradley Stoke
Last 5 posts in General News
- Bowsland Green’s Covid-19 ‘happiness snake’ finds a new home at Willow Brook - 26th October 2020
- Bradley Stoke Library reopens for browsing - 25th October 2020
- ‘Autumn in the Stokes’ photo competition launched - 17th October 2020
- The scarecrows are coming to town! - 14th October 2020
- Woodland paths set for improvement - 8th October 2020