The Bristol Evening Post reports that a Bradley Stoke man has been given a 14 month jail sentence for stealing funds from a local pre-school.
Andrew Sheppard, of Chequers Court, stole more than £12,000 from Flying Start Pre-School, which was based at the Community Pavilion on Patchway Common.
Bristol Crown Court heard that the money was used to settle gambling debts and as part payment on a car.
The pre-school has since changed its name and appointed a new committee.
Related link: Child care in Bradley Stoke
Last 5 posts in General News
- Local student's 'hero' word art drawing to be raffled for charity - May 11th, 2020
- Lake desilting project: Further details released - May 10th, 2020
- [Letter] What are they doing to our town centre? - March 4th, 2020
- Local mum and son team become published authors - March 3rd, 2020
- Councillors overruled: McDonald’s and Starbucks drive-throughs allowed on appeal - February 26th, 2020