The Bristol Evening Post reports that a Bradley Stoke man has been given a 14 month jail sentence for stealing funds from a local pre-school.
Andrew Sheppard, of Chequers Court, stole more than £12,000 from Flying Start Pre-School, which was based at the Community Pavilion on Patchway Common.
Bristol Crown Court heard that the money was used to settle gambling debts and as part payment on a car.
The pre-school has since changed its name and appointed a new committee.
Related link: Child care in Bradley Stoke
Last 5 posts in General News
- "Disco effect" on-off street light issue could be caused by software fault - 13th January 2021
- Thousands of crocus bulbs planted to mark success of polio eradication project - 11th January 2021
- Covid-19 outbreak at Bradley Stoke primary school registers 62 positive cases - 22nd December 2020
- Bradley Stoke in Bloom autumn update - 16th December 2020
- Bradley Stoke scarecrow trail hijacked! - 7th December 2020