The Bristol Evening Post reports that a Bradley Stoke man has been given a 14 month jail sentence for stealing funds from a local pre-school.
Andrew Sheppard, of Chequers Court, stole more than £12,000 from Flying Start Pre-School, which was based at the Community Pavilion on Patchway Common.
Bristol Crown Court heard that the money was used to settle gambling debts and as part payment on a car.
The pre-school has since changed its name and appointed a new committee.
Related link: Child care in Bradley Stoke
Last 5 posts in General News
- Easter family fun in Bradley Stoke - 1st April 2021
- Staging of 2021 Bradley Stoke Community Festival hangs in the balance - 25th March 2021
- The story behind the white paper birds in a tree on Brook Way - 20th March 2021
- Tipper trucks make hundreds of journeys through Bradley Stoke as housing site levelled - 9th February 2021
- "Disco effect" on-off street light issue could be caused by software fault - 13th January 2021