The weather was perfect. We had time in West Bay Dorset for lunch and then travelled to Bridport for the game. Twenty four members played and nine non-players enjoyed shopping in Bridport. The club only lost by 14 shots which was an excellent result as Bridport is a long established club.
After the trip the club had a meal in Witherpoons Bridport before travelling home. The Harvester at the Willow Brook Centre, Bradley Stoke, donated a meal for two as a raffle prize, which we held on the coach. The prize was won by 89-year-old John Rice and his wife Audrey.
We all enjoyed the trip and will be arranging other trips next year. New Members of all ages are very welcome . The club held a fish and chip evening last Monday 16th May – to start the beginning of our internal league.
Dorothy Newman, Bradley Stoke Bowls Club
Related link: Sport and Leisure in Bradley Stoke (The Journal)
Last 5 posts in Leisure
- Deciding on a New Year’s resolution? Why not join our choir – Stokes Singers? - 8th January 2020
- Twenty years of the Young at Heart Club - 18th September 2019
- Win a year’s free gym membership at Anytime Fitness in Bradley Stoke - 18th May 2019
- Art group gives 'God of the Three Brooks' a face - 30th March 2019
- Fireworks raise £2,810 for mayor’s charities - 8th December 2018