October’s meeting of Bradley Stoke Town Council’s Planning Committee, which was inquorate because only three of its eight members turned up, has submitted the following consultee response to South Gloucestershire Council for each of the seven planning applications it was due to consider:
“Bradley Stoke Town Council has ‘No Comment’ to make on the above mentioned planning application.”
Draft minutes of the (non-)meeting explain:
“Councillors agreed that, as a response was required from the town council, to all the above planning applications, before the next town council meeting, a ‘No Comment’ response to all the above planning applications should be lodged with SGC Planning Department.”
Of the five absent committee members, three are recorded as having submitted apologies (Cllrs Keir Gravil and Tony Griffiths were the ones who didn’t).
Agenda topics that had been scheduled for discussion at the meeting included an “update on Road Safety concerns on Bradley Stoke Way”.
The Council’s standing orders permit any Councillor to nominate a substitute to attend a meeting.
Last 5 posts in Local Government
- Another Bradley Stoke town councillor resigns - 23rd March 2021
- South Glos council tax to rise by 4.99 percent - 14th March 2021
- Stokes councillor becomes first black Cabinet member - 13th December 2020
- South Glos council tax to rise by 3.99 percent - 18th March 2020
- By-election set to see around 6,700 voters called to the polls in Bradley Stoke South - 4th March 2020