Police have today (Monday 28th November) confirmed that they have charged ten people in connection with ill treatment and neglect offences under the Mental Health Act.
This in relation to allegations that criminal offences were committed at the Winterbourne View Hospital [map], located within Bradley Stoke’s Vantage Business Park (off Old Gloucester Road).
The following have been charged: Wayne Rogers, aged 30; Graham Doyle aged 25; Allison Dove aged 24; Jason Gardiner aged 42; Charlotte Cotterell aged 21; Holly Draper aged 22; Michael Ezenagu aged 28; Kelvin Fore aged 32; Sookalingun Appoo aged 58; and Danny Brake aged 26.
They face a total of 40 charges against four victims.
Three men aged 25, 27 and 41, who have also been arrested on suspicion of causing ill treatment under the Mental Capacity Act, remain on police bail, pending further enquiries.
A 14th person – a 40-year-old man – who was arrested on suspicion of common assault has been released without charge.
Related link: Four arrested at Bradley Stoke residential care hospital
Last 5 posts in Police
- Arrests made following reported assault in Kemperleye Way - 28th March 2021
- Man remanded in custody following Stanley Mead burglary - 15th October 2020
- Jubilee Centre ASB camera deployment ended after six months - 23rd January 2020
- Police issue warning following spate of patio door break-ins - 15th November 2019
- CCTV zone set up near Jubilee Centre - 30th July 2019