The Avon Coroner has delivered a verdict of accidental death in the case of a Bradley Stoke man who suffered a cardiac arrest while kayaking on the River Frome.
Iain Woodcock, 33, was helping fellow kayakers across a weir when a log slammed into his boat and pushed him towards a swirling “cauldron” of water.
Mr Woodcock, who had a seven-month-old daughter, was tossed about “like a rag doll” by the strong currents in the fierce undertow of the weir.
Despite his frantic attempts to escape and brave efforts of others to save him, he was dragged under and perished in the freezing waters.
Read more: Father drowned on night time white-water trip as he helped other kayakers escaping raging torrent (Mail Online)
Last 5 posts in General News
- "Disco effect" on-off street light issue could be caused by software fault - 13th January 2021
- Thousands of crocus bulbs planted to mark success of polio eradication project - 11th January 2021
- Covid-19 outbreak at Bradley Stoke primary school registers 62 positive cases - 22nd December 2020
- Bradley Stoke in Bloom autumn update - 16th December 2020
- Bradley Stoke scarecrow trail hijacked! - 7th December 2020