The Avon Coroner has delivered a verdict of accidental death in the case of a Bradley Stoke man who suffered a cardiac arrest while kayaking on the River Frome.
Iain Woodcock, 33, was helping fellow kayakers across a weir when a log slammed into his boat and pushed him towards a swirling “cauldron” of water.
Mr Woodcock, who had a seven-month-old daughter, was tossed about “like a rag doll” by the strong currents in the fierce undertow of the weir.
Despite his frantic attempts to escape and brave efforts of others to save him, he was dragged under and perished in the freezing waters.
Read more: Father drowned on night time white-water trip as he helped other kayakers escaping raging torrent (Mail Online)
Last 5 posts in General News
- ‘Autumn in the Stokes’ photo competition launched - 17th October 2020
- The scarecrows are coming to town! - 14th October 2020
- Woodland paths set for improvement - 8th October 2020
- Bradley Stoke in Bloom 2020 Best Front Garden competition: The winners - 14th September 2020
- Residents and businesses invited to enter mayor’s half-term charity scarecrow trail - 12th September 2020