The Avon Coroner has delivered a verdict of accidental death in the case of a Bradley Stoke man who suffered a cardiac arrest while kayaking on the River Frome.
Iain Woodcock, 33, was helping fellow kayakers across a weir when a log slammed into his boat and pushed him towards a swirling “cauldron” of water.
Mr Woodcock, who had a seven-month-old daughter, was tossed about “like a rag doll” by the strong currents in the fierce undertow of the weir.
Despite his frantic attempts to escape and brave efforts of others to save him, he was dragged under and perished in the freezing waters.
Read more: Father drowned on night time white-water trip as he helped other kayakers escaping raging torrent (Mail Online)
Last 5 posts in General News
- Easter family fun in Bradley Stoke - 1st April 2021
- Staging of 2021 Bradley Stoke Community Festival hangs in the balance - 25th March 2021
- The story behind the white paper birds in a tree on Brook Way - 20th March 2021
- Tipper trucks make hundreds of journeys through Bradley Stoke as housing site levelled - 9th February 2021
- "Disco effect" on-off street light issue could be caused by software fault - 13th January 2021