Staff at the RAC call centre in Bradley Stoke claim their employer is planning to cut their wages by between 15 and 28 per cent, according to a report in today’s Bristol Post.
A worker at the centre, located in Great Park Road, told the paper that the company is planning to terminate employees’ contracts and offer to re-employ them on revised terms.
Around 180 people are believed to work at the site.
The RAC is owned by private equity firm Carlyle Group following a £1 billion takeover in 2011.
A spokesman for the RAC said the organisation was introducing a system where people are paid based on their sales performance.
The company says it will be putting in place a period of pay protection to support the transition to the new reward structure.
Do you work at the RAC in Bradley Stoke? Let us know your views by leaving a comment on this story.
Read more: Staff anger at RAC centre pay shake-up
Related link: Jobs in Bradley Stoke (The Journal)
Last 5 posts in Jobs
- Newspaper deliverers sought for monthly rounds - 14th February 2015
- Newspaper deliverers sought for monthly rounds - 28th May 2014
- What does it take to get a job in Bradley Stoke? - 1st April 2012
- Argos begins recruitment for new Bradley Stoke store - 5th October 2011
- Bradley Stoke call centre to close with 300 job losses - 14th January 2010