A girls’ football team from Bradley Stoke Community School (BSCS) is just one step away from making an appearance at Wembley Stadium after being crowned “best in the south west” at a recent tournament.
After winning the local round of the npower Football League Girls Cup in November (organised by Bristol Rovers Sport in the Community), the Year 7 & 8 BSCS team represented Bristol Rovers against seven other schools from all over the south west in a tournament held at the SGS WISE campus in Stoke Gifford on 1st February.
The opposition consisted of teams representing Plymouth Argyle, Exeter City, Torquay United, Yeovil Town, Bristol City, Cheltenham Town and Cardiff City.
The Bradley Stoke girls dominated and were in control of the tournament from start to finish, winning all seven matches and finishing with a +24 goal difference.
Their reward for being crowned the best under-13 girls school side in the South West is … another tournament!
This Friday (15th February), the girls will be playing at the training ground of MK Dons FC, playing in a four-team tournament against schools from Bournemouth, Gillingham and Ipswich.
Whichever school wins on Friday will represent Southern England against the North in a match prior to the Johnstone’s Paint Trophy Final at Wembley Stadium on Sunday 7th April.
Last 5 posts in Sport
- Triathlon spectating and road closure details (Sunday 30th August) - August 29th, 2015
- Bradley Stoke's first triathlon is a sell out - August 16th, 2015
- All abilities welcome at local triathlon club - July 23rd, 2015
- Town to stage its first 'community triathlon' on Sunday 30th August - July 13th, 2015
- Bradley Stoke cyclist helps team to victory in Bristol Grand Prix - June 25th, 2015
Share this article: