A girls’ football team from Bradley Stoke Community School (BSCS) is just one step away from making an appearance at Wembley Stadium after being crowned “best in the south west” at a recent tournament.
After winning the local round of the npower Football League Girls Cup in November (organised by Bristol Rovers Sport in the Community), the Year 7 & 8 BSCS team represented Bristol Rovers against seven other schools from all over the south west in a tournament held at the SGS WISE campus in Stoke Gifford on 1st February.
The opposition consisted of teams representing Plymouth Argyle, Exeter City, Torquay United, Yeovil Town, Bristol City, Cheltenham Town and Cardiff City.
The Bradley Stoke girls dominated and were in control of the tournament from start to finish, winning all seven matches and finishing with a +24 goal difference.
Their reward for being crowned the best under-13 girls school side in the South West is … another tournament!
This Friday (15th February), the girls will be playing at the training ground of MK Dons FC, playing in a four-team tournament against schools from Bournemouth, Gillingham and Ipswich.
Whichever school wins on Friday will represent Southern England against the North in a match prior to the Johnstone’s Paint Trophy Final at Wembley Stadium on Sunday 7th April.
Last 5 posts in Sport
- Local sporting heroes honoured by council - January 23rd, 2015
- Come and join us on the real 'school run'! - January 1st, 2015
- Sir Geoff Hurst pays surprise visit to BSYFC - December 19th, 2014
- Everyone’s welcome at Bradley Stoke’s friendly running group - October 17th, 2014
- Tour of Britain to pass along Winterbourne Road tomorrow (10/09/14) - September 9th, 2014
Share this article: