Bradley Stoke Community School (BSCS) has reported improved GCSE results with 9% more students achieving a key government benchmark compared to 2012.
Following a dip in Maths results which affected the overall headline figure last year, the number of students achieving five A*-C grades at GCSE including English and Maths has bounced back to 66% this year (57% last year), with strong input from a new Maths teaching team.
Executive headteacher Dave Baker said:
“It was very important that we made a strong recovery after last year’s disappointing results and these improved outcomes are hopefully a stepping stone to new ‘best ever’ figures for Bradley Stoke students next year and beyond.”
“I would like to pay tribute to the hard work of the students with significant support and challenge from Jenny Sutton Kirby, Associate Headteacher, and her staff team.”
Associate headteacher Jenny Sutton Kirby said:
“It is gratifying to see the hard work of students (supported by dedicated staff, parents and governors) being rewarded by some very pleasing individual results. It is also satisfying to see our overall headline figures ‘back on track’.”
“Our approach of offering many additional opportunities for students to access support for targeted learning has been vindicated and something we are planning to replicate this coming year. I am delighted for our students and grateful to all our staff.”
Photo (L-R): Top-achievers Joanna Field, Hugh Raynor, Gabrielle Holt, Josh Machado and Matthew Portch celebrate their GCSE results.
Outstanding individual achievements highlighted by the school are:
- Hugh Raynor 11 x A, 1 x Distinction*, 1 x Distinction
- Matthew Portch 6 x A*, 5 x A, 1 x Distinction*, 1 x Distinction
- Nita Idzni Shabrina 6 x A*, 4 x A, 1 x Distinction*, 1 x Distinction
- Gabrielle Holt 6 x A*, 4 x A, 1 x Distinction*
- Joanna Field 5 x A*, 6 x A, 1 x Distinction*
- Josh Machado 4 x A*, 7 x A, 1 x Distinction
- Caroline Sequieros-Peggs 3 x A*, 8 x A,
- Alex Sargent 4 x A*, 3 x A, 2 x Distinction*, 1 x Distinction
- Shannon Robbins 3 x A*, 7 x A, 1 x Distinction*
- Danielle Williams 1 x A*, 7 x A, 1 x Distinction*, 1 x Distinction
- Jenny Green 7 x A, 1 x Distinction*
- Phoebe Moore 1 x A*, 5 x A, 2 x Distinction*
- Chloe McMillen 2 x A*, 3 x A, 2 x Distinction*
Photo: Top-achiever Hugh Raynor is interviewed by Bradley Stoke Radio presenter Judith Summers.
Related link: Schools in Bradley Stoke (The Journal)
Last 5 posts in Education
- BSCS reveals phased timetable for all students returning to school - 26th February 2021
- “Fantastic” GCSE results for BSCS students - 7th September 2020
- BSCS reports another set of "strong outcomes" in Post-16 results - 13th August 2020
- School’s new play equipment officially opened - 14th April 2020
- Year 6 pupils learn ‘skills for life’ at Bristol safety education centre - 13th March 2020