The Willow Brook Centre in Bradley Stoke has been nominated for either a gold, silver or bronze Green Apple Environment Award in the national campaign to find Britain’s greenest companies, councils and communities.
It competed against more than 500 other nominations in the Green Apple Awards, and will be presented with its trophy and certificate at a glittering presentation ceremony in the House of Commons on Monday 11th November.
The awards are organised by The Green Organisation, an independent, non-political, non-activist, non-profit environment group dedicated to recognising, rewarding and promoting environmental best practice around the world.
Scott Lahive, Manager of the Willow Brook Centre, said:
“This will be the third significant environmental award we have won this year.”
“We are already proud to have won the national Shopping Centre Sceptre Award for Waste Management and the highly regarded Zero Waste Award. It’s a fantastic achievement to add a Green Apple Award, and we are keeping fingers crossed for gold.”
“All three awards are testament to the great team we have at the centre, and their dedication to the environment.”
The Green Apple Awards began in 1994 and have become established as Britain’s major recognition for environmental endeavour among companies, councils, communities and countries. They are supported by the Environment Agency, the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health, the Chartered Institution for Wastes Management and other independent.
Last 5 posts in New Town Centre
- Green Apple Environment Award for the Willow Brook Centre - November 22nd, 2013
- Mike the Knight is star attraction at Willow Brook Christmas lights event - November 15th, 2013
- Willow Brook Centre shortlisted for another environmental excellence award - October 9th, 2013
- Reader poll: What type of shops does Bradley Stoke really need? - August 28th, 2013
- Phones 4u to open in former Panasonic unit at Willow Brook Centre - August 20th, 2013
Tags: The Willow Brook Centre