Last weekend, Bradley Stoke Town FC’s B Team earned a point when former league champions Dodington FC came to the Jubilee field to face the home side in a close encounter that eventually ended in a 1-1 draw.
The teams were close all the way through the first half with neither team creating chances of their own – Bradley Stoke a little dodgy at the back as they let a couple through – but it was thanks to goalkeeper Declan that the game stayed 0-0.
In the second half, Bradley Stoke were encouraged to do more of the same by manager Steve Kerton, but they could only keep the favourites out for so long before they went ahead. A defensive error at the back that the goalkeeper could not do anything about. The Dodington attacker was able to take the ball around Declan and slot into an open net.
This was followed by a disallowed goal for Dodington as it was ruled offside when the ball was bundled into the back of the net.
Soon after this, BSTFC were able to get a goal back as the ball was headed against the bar and volleyed into the back of the net to allow the B Team to salvage a point against a tough opponent.
On the same weekend, the A Team faced Cutters Friday in a game they were able to win by two clear goals despite the game being close throughout. Adam Gardiner, George Haskins, Matt Burch, Shenkey Dartey and Tom Pontin all netting for the home side in their 5-3 victory.
The First Team and the Reserve Team also each took all three points from games on the weekend.
Photo: Bradley Stoke Town FC’s A Team in Action against Cutters Friday.
Bradley Stoke Youth FC results
- BSYFC U14s 1-0 Shireway Rangers
- BSYFC U10s Wasps 6-5 Frampton Rangers
Bradley Stoke United results
- The U15s beat Quedgeley Wanderers Blues 8-2 at home in the first round of the U15s GFA Cup.
- The U13s drew 2-2 at home to Portishead in the AYL U13s Division 2.
- The U10s lost 2-1 away at Mangotsfield United Blues in HML U10 Division C.
Local U12 derby
Bradley Stoke Youth U12s 1-9 Bradley Stoke United U12s
Man of the match: Tommy Dougall
United goals: Tommy (3), Leo (2), Kieran (2), Jake and Ethan
Article by Connor Summers
If you would like to see your club’s news and/or match reports appear in future editions of the Bradley Stoke Sport Report, please email your contribution to our newsdesk by 6pm on a Monday.
Last 5 posts in Sport
- Young footballers back in training at new base - 1st October 2020
- Every step matters for the Sole Sisters runners - 30th September 2020
- Ladies’ football teams ready for new season - 19th September 2020
- Hundreds attend Butty’s memorial match at BSCS - 10th February 2020
- Sole Sisters can get you running – Beginners’ course starts Monday 6th January - 5th January 2020