First home after completing the six-and-a-quarter mile course that takes in the Three Brooks Local Nature Reserve, Bradley Stoke Way and Brook Way was Matthew Krelle (Bristol & West AC) in a time of 34:45. Second place went to last year’s winner Andrew Cooke (Bristol & West AC) in 35:35, with Martin Bartlett third in 36:46.
The women’s race was won by Jessie Sanzo (Bristol & West AC) in an impressive time of 36:24 (third place overall), well ahead of Jemma Faulkner (43:11) with Liz Sanigar (Bristol & West AC, 43:37) third. Jessie’s time was more than three minutes faster than when she won the race back in 2011.
The prizes for the first Bradley Stoke residents were awarded to Simon Ward (38:16) and Shirley Lillicrap (49:12).
Photo: Race winners Matthew Krelle and Jessie Sanzo.
More info: Full race result (DB Max)
Photo: Pre-race exercise/entertainment on the football field.
The Journal’s photos of the 2014 Bradley Stoke 10k
- Overview of the race (49 pictures on Facebook)
- Runners cross the start line (88 pictures on Facebook)
- Runners approach the finish line (508 pictures on Facebook)
Last 5 posts in Leisure
- Deciding on a New Year’s resolution? Why not join our choir – Stokes Singers? - 8th January 2020
- Twenty years of the Young at Heart Club - 18th September 2019
- Win a year’s free gym membership at Anytime Fitness in Bradley Stoke - 18th May 2019
- Art group gives 'God of the Three Brooks' a face - 30th March 2019
- Fireworks raise £2,810 for mayor’s charities - 8th December 2018