What did YOU think of the 2014 Bradley Stoke Community Festival, staged over three days last weekend?
The town council spends around £24,000 staging the popular event, with most of this going to an events management company, which undertakes the bulk of the organisation on the council’s behalf.
Events over the weekend include the pre-school ‘picnic in the park’ on the Friday, the community fair and football tournament on the Saturday and the 10k run, bed race and cricket match on the Sunday.
This year, an additional £2,400 of taxpayers’ money, from South Gloucestershire Council’s Positive Activities Subsidy grants scheme, was used to pay for a two-day skate event over the festival weekend, organised by local youngsters.
Bradley Stoke town councillors will this week discuss how they feel the event went and make recommendations for next year’s event.
What would you tell them, if you had the chance? Here a few questions to get the ball rolling:
- Does the event represent value for money?
- Were you given enough information about what was going on (and where) over the festival weekend?
- Do you have any comments about specific events and how they might be improved?
- For events and attractions where a charge was made, was this reasonable?
- Is there too much going on over one weekend, i.e. should the festival be longer? (Patchway’s festival runs over two weeks)
- Do you have suggestions for additional events that could be included in the festival programme in future years?
If you have anything to say about the festival, please leave a comment on this story.
Last 5 posts in Leisure
- Deciding on a New Year’s resolution? Why not join our choir – Stokes Singers? - 8th January 2020
- Twenty years of the Young at Heart Club - 18th September 2019
- Win a year’s free gym membership at Anytime Fitness in Bradley Stoke - 18th May 2019
- Art group gives 'God of the Three Brooks' a face - 30th March 2019
- Fireworks raise £2,810 for mayor’s charities - 8th December 2018