A man has been jailed for ten months for the attempted robbery of a couple in Oaktree Crescent, Bradley Stoke, in March.
The 19-year-old from Bradley Stoke admitted the offence when he appeared before Bristol Crown Court on 19th June.
He was identified after local people responded to an appeal for information issued by the police.
He had approached a couple who were walking home at about 10.30pm on a Saturday night. He demanded money, threw beer over them and was racially abusive and threatening before making off empty-handed.
Neighbourhood PC Claire Fletcher said:
“This is a safe place to live and the community will not tolerate this sort of behaviour. I’d like to thank everyone for their support in this case.”
Source: Press release from Avon and Somerset Police.
Related link: Witness appeal after beer thrown in Oaktree Crescent racial abuse incident (The Journal)
Last 5 posts in Police
- Arrests made following reported assault in Kemperleye Way - 28th March 2021
- Man remanded in custody following Stanley Mead burglary - 15th October 2020
- Jubilee Centre ASB camera deployment ended after six months - 23rd January 2020
- Police issue warning following spate of patio door break-ins - 15th November 2019
- CCTV zone set up near Jubilee Centre - 30th July 2019