A man has been jailed for ten months for the attempted robbery of a couple in Oaktree Crescent, Bradley Stoke, in March.
The 19-year-old from Bradley Stoke admitted the offence when he appeared before Bristol Crown Court on 19th June.
He was identified after local people responded to an appeal for information issued by the police.
He had approached a couple who were walking home at about 10.30pm on a Saturday night. He demanded money, threw beer over them and was racially abusive and threatening before making off empty-handed.
Neighbourhood PC Claire Fletcher said:
“This is a safe place to live and the community will not tolerate this sort of behaviour. I’d like to thank everyone for their support in this case.”
Source: Press release from Avon and Somerset Police.
Related link: Witness appeal after beer thrown in Oaktree Crescent racial abuse incident (The Journal)
Last 5 posts in Police
- Jubilee Centre ASB camera deployment ended after six months - January 23rd, 2020
- Police issue warning following spate of patio door break-ins - November 15th, 2019
- CCTV zone set up near Jubilee Centre - July 30th, 2019
- Working group formed to tackle “spike” in ASB - July 8th, 2019
- New year starts without a single PCSO in the Stokes - February 12th, 2019