Property consultants Alder King have announced the selection of a preferred site for a new helicopter base to serve the needs of the Great Western Air Ambulance Charity and National Police Air Service.
Currently based at Filton Airfield, the air ambulance and police helicopter service has been looking for a new site for their joint helicopter base since last September.
The proposed new site is on farmland close to the M4/M5 junction, just across the M5 motorway from the RAC building in north Bradley Stoke.
Following community consultation events held in Almondsbury last month, The Journal understands that a formal planning application is now likely to be made to South Gloucestershire Council within the next few weeks.
A leaflet made available at the recent consultation events states:
“After looking at hundreds of sites in the West of England region, the Almondsbury Interchange site is the only one that meets the needs of both helicopter services. 90% of the site would remain as grass, with 10% providing a small area of hard standing, a hangar for the helicopters and a new access road.”
For further information, contact the Filton Airfield community relations team on 0800 073 1047 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Image: Outline plan of the proposed new helicopter base (click to enlarge).
More information: New helicopter base near the M4/M5 Almondsbury Interchange (The Journal)
An abridged version of this article appeared in the April 2015 edition of the Bradley Stoke Journal news magazine, delivered FREE, EVERY MONTH, to 9,500 homes in Bradley Stoke, Little Stoke and Stoke Lodge. Phone 01454 300 400 to enquire about advertising.
Last 5 posts in Planning
- South Glos Tories push forward with plan to ban takeaways near schools - 3rd October 2020
- McDonald's presses on with third planning application for advertising signage - 22nd April 2020
- Councillors overruled: McDonald’s and Starbucks drive-throughs allowed on appeal - 26th February 2020
- Permission granted for McDonald's and Starbucks drive-throughs at Willow Brook - 16th January 2020
- Might golf course homes scheme now resurface? - 30th October 2019