Three local business have teamed up to launch the Stars of the Stokes awards, a set of community awards for the local area, including Little Stoke, Stoke Gifford, Harry Stoke and Winterbourne.
Willow Brook Centre, Bradley Stoke Journal and Hilton Hotel officially launched the awards with a call for entries last month. A double page spread in the March edition of the Bradley Stoke Journal magazine (pages 28 & 29), out this weekend, gives details of the eight award categories and provides a nomination form.
The categories are: Star Teacher, Pre-School Carer of the Year, Achievement Against the Odds, Young Hero, Champion Carer, Parent/Guardian in a Million, Good Neighbour of the Year and Unsung Hero.
Nominations, which close on 9th April, may also be made online via the dedicated Stars of the Stokes website.
The awards evening will take place in May at a Black Tie event held at the Hilton Hotel in Woodlands Lane, Bradley Stoke.
Willow Brook centre manager Andy Wynn said:
“We are all very excited to be working on these awards to help recognise some of the great individual community contributions locally. We are looking forward to seeing the entries and recognising the winners in May.”
The eight award categories are sponsored by local businesses including Aztec Hotel, Almondsbury Garden Centre, Olympus Academy Trust. Specsavers and Dunkley’s. To enquire about sponsoring a category, businesses can contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Last 5 posts in General News
- ‘Autumn in the Stokes’ photo competition launched - 17th October 2020
- The scarecrows are coming to town! - 14th October 2020
- Woodland paths set for improvement - 8th October 2020
- Bradley Stoke in Bloom 2020 Best Front Garden competition: The winners - 14th September 2020
- Residents and businesses invited to enter mayor’s half-term charity scarecrow trail - 12th September 2020