Entries for the popular event, which has its start and finish at the Jubilee Centre, had sold out on 31st March, more than two months ahead of raceday.
Local residents turned out in force on a bright and warm morning to support the runners as they followed the multi-terrain route along the pavements and tracks of Bradley Stoke.
Victory in the men’s race went to Maciej Bialogonski (Bristol & West AC), in a time of 34:11, comfortably clear of 2015 winner Ciaran McQuade (North Bristol Running Group, 34:42) in second place, followed by local youngster Adam Wilson (Yate AC, 35:04) in third.
McQuade’s performance also secured the special prize for the top-finishing Bradley Stoke resident.
First home in the women’s race, and seventh overall, was Helen Newberry (Bristol & West AC) in a time of 37:19, almost two minutes ahead of second-placed Rebecca Awde (Bristol & West AC, 39:07) with Elizabeth Smith (Westbury Harriers, 41:29) in third.
Above: Race winners Maciej Bialogonski and Helen Newberry.
More info: Full race result (DB Max)
The Journal’s photos of the 2016 Bradley Stoke 10k
- Runners cross the start line (174 pictures on Facebook)
- Runners approach the finish (465 photos on Facebook)
- Race overview (48 pictures on Facebook)
Last 5 posts in Leisure
- Deciding on a New Year’s resolution? Why not join our choir – Stokes Singers? - January 8th, 2020
- Twenty years of the Young at Heart Club - September 18th, 2019
- Win a year’s free gym membership at Anytime Fitness in Bradley Stoke - May 18th, 2019
- Art group gives 'God of the Three Brooks' a face - March 30th, 2019
- Fireworks raise £2,810 for mayor’s charities - December 8th, 2018