MetroBus contractors Alun Griffiths have given notice that the westbound footway on Bradley Stoke Way, between Patchway Brook Roundabout and a point opposite the Woodlands Lane junction, will be closed from next Monday (19th September). A diversion route for pedestrians, as previously detailed, will be put in place (see plan above; click to enlarge; view as PDF, with legend).
Griffiths’ community liaison officer Jim Aitken explained:
“We have to rebuild the footpath (to a lower level) from opposite and to the east of Orchard Gate to the Aztec West Roundabout. There is a short section of existing path which needs to remain open between Woodlands Lane and the nearside verge approaching Aztec West. We shall however manage pedestrians through our works for this short section. Coming from Woodlands Lane, the diversion route goes through Oaktree Crescent, Stanshaws Close and onto Brook Way. We anticipate this work will take up to ten weeks to complete.”
Mr Aitken added:
“In many ways, this area of the Metrobus works in Bradley Stoke Way is the most challenging to undertake. We continue to thank everyone for their patience and apologise for the inconvenience caused.”
The Journal understands that an alteration to the advertised diversion may be required after a week or so, because Wales and West Utilities will need to work in the area opposite the Woodlands Lane junction, in order to divert a gas main. It is likely that pedestrians will then be advised to use the footway on the north side of Bradley Stoke Way, which has now been fully reopened.
Last 5 posts in Transport
- Five-way traffic lights to be used for final phase of Bradley Stoke Way resurfacing - February 13th, 2017
- Woodlands Lane junction set to be fully reopened by end of February - February 9th, 2017
- Overnight closures of Bradley Stoke Way (eastbound) for five nights this week - February 6th, 2017
- Overnight closures of Bradley Stoke Way set to continue this week - January 30th, 2017
- Overnight closures of Bradley Stoke Way planned for every night this week (Mon-Fri) - January 23rd, 2017
Share this article: