MetroBus contractors Alun Griffiths have given notice that the westbound footway on Bradley Stoke Way, between Patchway Brook Roundabout and a point opposite the Woodlands Lane junction, will be closed from next Monday (19th September). A diversion route for pedestrians, as previously detailed, will be put in place (see plan above; click to enlarge; view as PDF, with legend).
Griffiths’ community liaison officer Jim Aitken explained:
“We have to rebuild the footpath (to a lower level) from opposite and to the east of Orchard Gate to the Aztec West Roundabout. There is a short section of existing path which needs to remain open between Woodlands Lane and the nearside verge approaching Aztec West. We shall however manage pedestrians through our works for this short section. Coming from Woodlands Lane, the diversion route goes through Oaktree Crescent, Stanshaws Close and onto Brook Way. We anticipate this work will take up to ten weeks to complete.”
Mr Aitken added:
“In many ways, this area of the Metrobus works in Bradley Stoke Way is the most challenging to undertake. We continue to thank everyone for their patience and apologise for the inconvenience caused.”
The Journal understands that an alteration to the advertised diversion may be required after a week or so, because Wales and West Utilities will need to work in the area opposite the Woodlands Lane junction, in order to divert a gas main. It is likely that pedestrians will then be advised to use the footway on the north side of Bradley Stoke Way, which has now been fully reopened.
Last 5 posts in Transport
- MetroBus construction: March progress report - April 4th, 2017
- MetroBus project: February progress report - March 10th, 2017
- MetroBus work at southern end of Bradley Stoke Way to start next week - February 26th, 2017
- Ring Road viaduct closure set to cause “significant delays” for a year - February 22nd, 2017
- Five-way traffic lights to be used for final phase of Bradley Stoke Way resurfacing - February 13th, 2017
Share this article: